1. Kansas: Looking for seventh straight title. So deep five bench players could start for a lot of teams.
2. Kansas State: Suspensions have hampered chemistry but Pullen and the 'Cats have Final Four potential.
3. Missouri: Full throttle Tigers are scoring 85.6 points, forcing 20 turnovers and have a deep roster.
4. Texas: Canadian imports provide a spark. Big non-conference wins a sign 'Horns are a postseason threat.
5. Baylor: Underachieving early but Bears have upside with LaceDarius Dunn and freshman star Perry Jones.
6. Texas A&M: Gritty Aggies aren't overly talented but play good defense and can dominate the boards.
7. Oklahoma State: Moses and Page are solid. Supporting cast key to making the NCAA Tournament.
8. Colorado: Buffaloes have two NBA caliber players. Won't be a gimme in Boulder but they lack depth.
9. Iowa State: Picked last in preseason by coaches, Cyclones are playing well under Fred Hoiberg.
10. Nebraska: Playing outstanding defense, Cornhuskers were a pleasant surprise in non-conference play.
11. Oklahoma: Undersized Sooners are in rebuilding mode. Defense, rebounding key to being competitive.
12. Texas Tech: Huge disappointment. League worst FG percentage defense a sign it might be a long year.
Big 12 NCAA Tournament projections
NCAA Tournament bound: Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Kansas State, Baylor
On the Bubble: Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Iowa State
Missing March Madness: Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas Tech