Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
OKC Thunder: Serge Ibaka to host fashion show fundraiser
By Heather Warlick
| Published: March 28, 2012
Thunder forward Serge Ibaka will bench his NBA uniform for an evening of high fashion on Friday at Gaillardia. Ibaka will host Fashion in Full Bloom, an evening of fashion and silent auctions to benefit Allied Arts.
Evan Hopkins, the event's planner, said he is working on getting more Thunder players to attend the event, which features Oklahoma fashion designer Johnathan Kayne Gillaspie as emcee and the fashions of several locally owned Oklahoma City fashion boutiques.
Ibaka is known for his personal style when off the basketball court. The 6-10, 240-pounder has done some modeling, including for ESPN magazine's “Body Issue” and model-style photos for Edge Magazine.
In 2011, Ibaka made a cameo in Lupe Fiasco's video “Out of My Head,” which features Trey Songz.
The Oklahoma City event will include a runway show of styles from Spencer Stone and Co., Ruth Meyers and Uptown Kids.
A silent auction of 10 packages includes a Thunder package, which has a basketball signed by Ibaka, a limo to and from a Thunder game, two courtside tickets, a dinner, and a visit before the game by Ibaka.
Donor tickets are $125 each, Allied Arts Patron VIP Runway tickets are $200, Founders' Half Tables for five are $2,500 and $5,000 for 10. To buy tickets or for more information, call Evan Hopkins at 922-9649 or Sascha Jade at 609-4420 or go online to fashioninfullbloom.eventbrite.com.
Share this on Facebook
Videoview all videos
Mar 31Serge Ibaka and Johnathan Kayne were among the...