Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn considers voting against his party to help an Oklahoman get confirmed to federal appeals court
Federal magistrate Robert E. Bacharach, of Oklahoma City, may need both Oklahoma Republican senators to break ranks with the GOP in showdown vote on Monday.
WASHINGTON — Sen. Tom Coburn said Friday that he hadn’t decided whether he would vote against his party’s leadership Monday to help an Oklahoman get confirmed to federal appeals court.
Coburn, R-Muskogee, strongly supports U.S. Magistrate Judge Robert E. Bacharach’s nomination for the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. And he said in June the custom of blocking judicial...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say