Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Shortly after a gunman opened fire in the University of Texas library before taking his own life, Reynolds tweeted “Hey everyone in Austin, tx.......kill yourself #evillaugh.” Then, Reynolds tweeted “Everyone in austin, tx disregard that last tweet....y'all will mess around n do it lmao.” The campus shooting Tuesday morning led to a several hours of lockdown on campus, with students remaining in their classrooms until being cleared to leave. Police said the shooter, a Texas student armed with an AK-47, took his own life at the Perry-Castaneda Library, just a couple of blocks from Royal-Memorial Stadium. No one else was injured although several shots were fired. Classes were canceled for the remainder of the day. In reaction to Reynolds’ comments, coach Bob Stoops issued the following statement Wednesday: "Because of his insensitive remarks on Twitter relative to Tuesday's tragedy in Austin, we have suspended Jaz Reynolds from our team indefinitely.
OU suspends receiver Jaz Reynolds for Twitter comments about Texas
NORMAN — Sophomore wide receiver Jaz Reynolds has been suspended indefinitely from the Oklahoma football team for comments he made on his Twitter account on Tuesday.
Photoview all 7 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims